Friday, June 1, 2018

Eco Print on Silk Scarves


For years I have admired the work of India Flint, of Australia, a master at eco-printing fabric using leaves, particularly the eucalyptus leaf.  I own most of her books, which I adore.  Several times I have tried to get into one of her classes when she came to the northwest, but usually was about number 40 on the waiting list.  Sigh.

So, when I saw that a class on eco-printing was going to be offered at the Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat in 2018, I immediately signed up.  It was not a class with India, but was the next best thing to get me started.  The Madrona class was taught by Hilary Grant.  We each dyed 6 silk scarves using leaves, (alum and iron mordants), along with acid dyes to assist with background color.  I learned some great techniques which I hope to put into future practice.









2 comments:

  1. Alright...

    This might sound a little weird, maybe even a little "supernatural"

    WHAT if you could just press "Play" and listen to a short, "magical tone"...

    And miraculously attract MORE MONEY to your life??

    What I'm talking about is thousands... even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!!

    Sounds way too EASY?? Think it's IMPOSSIBLE?!?

    Well, Let me tell you the news...

    Many times the largest blessings life has to offer are the easiest to GET!!

    Honestly, I'm going to provide you with PROOF by allowing you to PLAY a REAL "magical money-magnet tone" I've produced...

    You just hit "Play" and watch money coming right into your life... starting almost INSTANTLY...

    CLICK here NOW to PLAY the wonderful "Miracle Money-Magnet Sound Frequency" as my gift to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information. Curious to get more details like this.

    Shop for Designer Scarves for Women

    ReplyDelete